About Our School
Kutta Mulla Gorinna is traditional ‘Yuwi’ language which means Head, Hands and Bring (Head and Hands we bring).
Kutta Mulla Gorinna School provides secondary schooling opportunities to those young people who are disengaged and alienated from the conventional school system.
Our school places emphasis on understanding the essential features of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander culture, including our special connection on the land and sea and our commitment to family and community, especially as it pertains to the lives of our students.
Mission and Values
Aim: To improve the educational and social outcomes of the most vulnerable and disengaged young people by having a holistic, collaborative, community approach to learning.
Objectives: Kutta Mulla Gorinna School believes in and values;
- Valuing all students as individuals and offering personalised learning programs for each student;
- Create and maintain a supportive and safe learning environment free from discrimination of any kind;
- Commence from a student strengths-based approach rather than student deficits;
- Engage parents, carers, families, other education and training providers, business and the broader community to support each student progress so that they feel connected and cared for;
- Foster autonomy in students by allowing an increasing degree of control over their learning program by encouraging students to nominate topics and interest using real life situations that contribute a sense of ownership and bringing enjoyment to learning;
- Cultivate a culture of continuous improvement irrespective of student, teacher or administration by encouraging the evaluation of all activities with emphasis on self-improvement and self-evaluation;
- Supporting the senior years of schooling and the provision of high-quality transitions between further study, training and employment.
Our School Governing Body
Chairperson: Frank Gilbert
Secretary: Adrienne Barnett
Treasurer: Therese Scotton
General Board Members: Donna Leigh, Aunty Pat Corrie, Aunty Blanche Sutherland, Kristy Wilson, Michael Buckeridge, Peter Graham, Noel Wallace, Brian O’Neill, Deb Green and Cynthia Simpson
Kutta Mulla Gorinna Special Assistance School is led by our Executive School Director, Curriculum Manager and our Executive Administration Officer. Each classroom has a Learning Support Officer. We also have a Year Level Coordinator and Youth Support Officer. Our Administration branch is made up of two Administration Officers. Our teaching team is made up of ‘very’ experienced teachers.
Executive School Director: Justin Giblett
Curriculum Manager: Teresa Hackney & Kathy Steggles
Executive Administration Officer: Lisa Johnston
Teachers: Bianca Fewquandie, Melinda Wright, Eleanor Woodman, Aunty Marg Dorante
7/8 Learning Support Officer: Lisa Tipler
9/10 Learning Support officer: Kristi Giblett
11 Learning Support Officer: Simone Mooney
12 Learning Support Officer: Meryl Yasserie
Inclusive Learning Support Officer: Tiffany Woods
Administration Officer (Student Services): Tyshaya Bickey
Administration Officer (Finance): Katrina Kulpinski
ALC Learning Support Officers: Dalassa Hankin & Selwyn Burkhardt
Year Level Coordinator: Frances Rewharewha
Youth Support Officer: Andrew Malayta
If you wish to contact any of our staff you can do so by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and insert the staff members name in the subject area. This will then be forwarded onto the appropriate staff member.
Listed Below is our whole school timetable.
|8:45am||ASSEMBLY||CHECK IN||CHECK IN||CHECK IN||CHECK IN|
|9:00am||LESSON 1||LESSON 1||LESSON 1||LESSON 1||LESSON 1|
|9:45am||LESSON 2||LESSON 2||LESSON 2||LESSON 2||LESSON 2|
|10:30am||MORNING TEA||MORNING TEA||MORNING TEA||MORNING TEA||MORNING TEA|
|11:15am||LESSON 3||LESSON 3||LESSON 3||LESSON 3||LESSON 3|
|12:00 PM||LESSON 4||LESSON 4||LESSON 4||LESSON 4||LESSON 4|
|1:15pm||LESSON 5||LESSON 5||LESSON 5||LESSON 5||LESSON 5|
|2:00pm||LESSON 6||LESSON 6||LESSON 6||LESSON 6||LESSON 6|
|2:30pm||END OF SCHOOL DAY||END OF SCHOOL DAY||END OF SCHOOL DAY||END OF SCHOOL DAY||END OF SCHOOL DAY|
All positions at Kutta Mulla Gorinna will be advertised through the school social media platforms, via community networks and at times on the Seek website with a complete Position Description and Information on how to apply.
Anyone who is interested in doing supply or casual work for Kutta Mulla Gorinna should contact Kutta Mulla Gorinna Special Assistance School (email@example.com) and notify of their availability.