About Our School
Kutta Mulla Gorinna is traditional ‘Yuwi’ language which means Head, Hands and Bring (Head and Hands we bring).
Kutta Mulla Gorinna School provides secondary schooling opportunities to those young people who are disengaged and alienated from the conventional school system.
Our school places emphasis on understanding the essential features of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander culture, including our special connection on the land and sea and our commitment to family and community, especially as it pertains to the lives of our students.
This program caters for secondary school students who are disengaged from mainstream schooling. It has been designed specifically to work in partnership with Charters Towers distance education to provide pathways and/or enable them to better cope with the literate and numeric demands of our society. While the main educational focus of the program is on providing students with core literacy and numeracy skills and qualifications the students will also have access to the full scope of subjects and courses offered by our school.
Students who have already turned 18 can enroll with our school as an adult learner.
Mission and Values
Aim: To improve the educational and social outcomes of the most vulnerable and disengaged young people by having a holistic, collaborative, community approach to learning.
Objectives: Kutta Mulla Gorinna School believes in and values;
- Valuing all students as individuals and offering personalised learning programs for each student;
- Create and maintain a supportive and safe learning environment free from discrimination of any kind;
- Commence from a student strengths-based approach rather than student deficits;
- Engage parents, carers, families, other education and training providers, business and the broader community to support each student progress so that they feel connected and cared for;
- Foster autonomy in students by allowing an increasing degree of control over their learning program by encouraging students to nominate topics and interest using real life situations that contribute a sense of ownership and bringing enjoyment to learning;
- Cultivate a culture of continuous improvement irrespective of student, teacher or administration by encouraging the evaluation of all activities with emphasis on self-improvement and self-evaluation;
- Supporting the senior years of schooling and the provision of high-quality transitions between further study, training and employment.
Kutta Mulla Gorinna Special Assistance School is led by our Executive School Director, one Curriculum Manager and one Head of Learning Support. We also have Year Level Coordinators, a Youth Support Officer, and two Learning Support Officers. Our Administration branch is made up of one Senior Administration Officer and an Administration Officer. Our teaching team is made up of very experienced teachers. Our teachers take lead in the delivery of the curriculum.
Executive School Director: Justin Giblett
Curriculum Manager: Kathy Steggles
Head of Learning Support: Diane Drew
7/8 Year Level Coordinator: Selwyn Burkhardt
9/10 Year Level Coordinator: Kristi Giblett
11 Year Level Coordinator: (Whaea) Frances Rewharewha
12 Year Level Coordinator: Aisha Barba
Senior Administration Officer: Lisa Johnston
Administration Officer: Tyshaya Bickey
Learning Support Officers: Katrina Kulpinski and Dalassa Hankin
Youth Support Officer: Andrew Malayta
If you wish to contact any of our staff you can do so by emailing email@example.com and insert the staff members name in the subject area. This will then be forwarded onto the appropriate staff member.
Listed Below is our whole school timetable.
|8:45am||ASSEMBLY||CHECK IN||CHECK IN||CHECK IN||CHECK IN|
|9:00am||LESSON 1||LESSON 1||LESSON 1||LESSON 1||LESSON 1|
|9:45am||LESSON 2||LESSON 2||LESSON 2||LESSON 2||LESSON 2|
|10:30am||MORNING TEA||MORNING TEA||MORNING TEA||MORNING TEA||MORNING TEA|
|11:15am||LESSON 3||LESSON 3||LESSON 3||LESSON 3||LESSON 3|
|12:00 PM||LESSON 4||LESSON 4||LESSON 4||LESSON 4||LESSON 4|
|1:15pm||LESSON 5||LESSON 5||LESSON 5||LESSON 5||LESSON 5|
|2:00pm||LESSON 6||LESSON 6||LESSON 6||LESSON 6||LESSON 6|
|2:30pm||END OF SCHOOL DAY||END OF SCHOOL DAY||END OF SCHOOL DAY||END OF SCHOOL DAY||END OF SCHOOL DAY|
All positions at Kutta Mulla Gorinna will be advertised through the school social media platforms and at times in the Daily Mercury or on the Seek website with a complete Position Description and Information on how to apply.
Anyone who is interested in doing supply or casual work for Kutta Mulla Gorinna should contact Kutta Mulla Gorinna Special Assistance School (firstname.lastname@example.org) and notify of their availability.